Oklahoma City Appellate Attorney
Experienced in Handling Appeals in Appellate Court
At Owens Law Office, PC, we know that people want to move on from a legal challenge or dispute as quickly as possible and get a trial victory or favorable settlement.
In some cases, however, it is necessary to appeal a bad ruling — or the other party appeals from a case that you’ve won.
Appeals cases are very different from trial cases, and getting a positive outcome on appeal requires a lawyer with years of experience and knowledge of how the appeals process works.
Attorney Phillip P. Owens II has built an impressive appeal record over more than 20 years in practice. He has handled more than 80 appeals over his career and written many appellate briefs in Oklahoma and federal appellate courts. With his strong background in writing appellate briefs, knowing procedural rules, and correctly preparing the necessary paperwork, he positions our clients for a positive outcome when a trial decision is appealed.
Types of Appeals
We represent clients in appeals in a wide range of cases, including:
- Car accident cases
- Products liability cases
- Premises liability cases
- Other personal injury cases
- Arbitration appeals
- Termination of parental rights
- Real estate disputes
- Contract disputes
- Divorce and child custody
- Other family law decisions
We can represent you on appeal whether or not we handled your trial court case. Oklahoma City appellate case lawyer Phillip P. Owens II has dedicated his practice to helping Oklahomans with their legal needs whenever they arise, and he can help you, too.
We have represented many clients in appeals, from accident victims who are appealing an unfair decision in a personal injury claim to parents who need to fight termination of parental rights.
Contact Owens Law Office, PC
Arrange a confidential consultation to discuss your appellate needs with an experienced appeals attorney. Contact us online or call (405) 608-0708.
Mr. Owens handled the following cases, including briefing and all other appellate matters, in which the Courts’ final opinions were published in the permanent law reports.
- IN THE MATTER OF S.J.W., 2023 OK 49,Case Number: 11940
- IN THE MATTER OF A.T., 2022 OK CIV APP 10, 510 P.3d 198
- AGRAWAL v. OKLAHOMA DEPARTMENT OF LABOR, 2021 OK CIV APP 4, 483 P.3d 608
- IN THE MATTER OF K. H., 2021 OK 33, 507 P.3d 647
- ONLINE OIL, INC. v. CO&G PRODUCTION GROUP, LLC, 2018 OK CIV APP 1, 419 P.3d 337
- Soule v Crane Logistics, 2016 OK CIV APP 25, 370 P.3d 1224
- In Re Initiative Petition Filed Sept 7, 2008, 2015 OK CIV APP 79, 358 P.3d 946.
- House v. Vance Ford-Lincoln-Mercury, Inc., 2014 OK CIV APP 36, 328 P.3d 1239
- Moore v. Blackwell, 2014 OK CIV APP 37, 325 P.3d 4
- Smith v. Central Mine Equipment Co., 559 Fed. Appx. 679 (10th Cir. 2014)
- Direct Traffic Control, Inc. v. Kidd, 2013 OK CIV APP 103, 313 P.3d 1015
- Smith v. Central Mine Equipment Co., 876 F.Supp.2d 1261 (W.D. Okla. 2012)
- Slawson v. Board of County Commissioners, 2012 OK 87, 288 p.3d 533
- Summa Engineering, Inc. v. Crawley Petroleum Corp., 2012 OK CIV APP 69 286 P. 3d 653
- Berman v. LabCorp of America, 2011 OK 106, 268 P.3d 68
- In the matter of the Adoption of LDB v. Crisis Pregnancy Outreach, Inc., 2011 OK CIV APP 12, 246 P.3d 456
- Anderson v. Oklahoma State University Bd. of Regents, 342 Fed. Appx. 365 (10th Cir. 2009)
- Edwards v. Pepsico, Inc., 268 Fed. Appx. 756 (10th Cir. 2008)
- In re LDB, 2008 OK CIV APP 73, 191 P.3d 633
- Vance v. Loy, 2007 OK CIV APP 34, 158 P.3d 503
- Dover v. W.H. Braum, Inc., 2005 OK 22, 111 P.3d 243
- Colley v. Harbour, 2004 OK 90, 104 P.3d 584
- Baldridge v. Kirkpatrick, 2003 OK CIV APP 9, 63 P.3d 568
- Naves v. Conway, 69 Fed.Appx. 442 (10th Cir. 2003)
- Graham v. Travelers Ins. Co., 2002 OK 95, 61 P.3d 225
- Allenberg v. Bentley Hedges Travel Serv. Inc., 2001 OK 22, 22 P.3d 223
- K&K Food Services, Inc. v. S&H, Inc., 2000 OK 31, 3 P.3d 705
- Wille v. GEICO Casualty Co., 2000 OK 10, 2 P.3d 888
- Daniel v. Ben E. Keith Co., 97 F.3d 1329 (10th Cir. 1996)
- O’Dell v. Lamb-Grays Harbor Co., 911 F.Supp. 490 (W.D. Okla. 1995)
- Whitson v. Oklahoma Farmers Union Mutual Ins. Co., 1995 OK 4, 889 P.2d 285