The Divorce Process
Whether you have been contemplating divorce for some time or have been surprised with divorce papers from your spouse, it is important to get qualified, professional legal support to make sure that you aren’t taken advantage of during a divorce proceeding. At Owens Law Office, PC, we understand that it can be challenging to consider difficult questions of child custody, support and property division when your marriage is nearing an end. Attorney Phillip P. Owens II and our staff recognize the need to treat delicate family situations with professionalism and respect. At our firm, we believe in using our experience to help ease our clients’ legal burdens so they can focus on planning the next chapter of their lives.
Common Steps in a Divorce
- First, you or your spouse will file paperwork to begin divorce proceedings.
- Secondly, a court will hold a hearing to make temporary orders to help the parties along until it finalizes a divorce.
- The temporary order can include: Child Custody and Visitation, Property Division, Child support and Alimony.
- Next, the details of your divorce will be settled between parties and attorneys.
- Once a divorce is finalized through trial or settlement, the judge will issue final orders to resolve all the matters that must be addressed in a case.
The Benefits of a Divorce Lawyer
The most obvious benefit is that you will have the experience of many other cases standing beside you during your hearing. Having the experience of negotiating and settlements is extremely important for getting the best results for you and your family.
When our clients work with Oklahoma City divorce lawyer Phillip P. Owens II and our staff, they have our promise that we will use our experience and knowledge of the law to argue for what is in their best interests. We are also committed to truly guiding our clients through what can be an intimidating legal process. Most people are not used to standing before a judge to describe their family situation. We prepare our clients for all required hearings and do everything possible to ease their fears about the legal system.
With Owens Law Office, PC, our clients have a legal and personal ally by their side.
Contact Us For A Consultation | Experience When You Need It
When you meet with us, we will listen carefully to your marital situation and determine the best way to move forward based on your unique circumstances. To schedule a confidential consultation contact us online or call (405) 608-0708.